Tuesday, February 5, 2019

halacha - Clairvoyant Powers


Recently met a certain Rabbi with clairvoyant powers.


He was able to look at my name and tell me all sorts of spooky stuff. For example, that I have two mezuzas with problems. (I hired a sofer to check them all and indeed there were two with problems), many other things that he could not know.


The man is a torah scholar but not on the level of Gedolim. Apparently he was born with this "gift". Question is what is the jewish view of this. Is it permitted to ask such a person for advice?


For example, if I want a tutor for someone, I could either go through a long hassle of researching the right person, or go to him with a list of names, and he will tell me right away about each person and which one is compatible or not.


(I don't think he's using any "tricks" due to the number of things he could not possibly know. Also, when he looks at a name, his eyes light up like fire. Very impressive to watch. He must also have the mother's name. Apparently, he cannot see much without this. He told me once that even if the father is a big tzadik, without the mother's name "we cannot see him.")



Answer




found a rare audio by the famous kabalist Rabbi Yaakov Hillel see: http://audio.ohr.edu/track/id=521


there he says that such people DO exist, but one must be careful who to trust. He says "I can take you to arabs with such powers". He explains there the criteria for testing who is from the side of good and who is from the other side.


Interestingly, I went to someone in the Bucharim area of Jerusalem many years ago (called Chacham Betzalel) who had a reputation for such powers. When I went to see him, he asked me my name which he wrote down. Then he asked me my father's name and wrote it down. He then looked at the paper for a second and wrote down my mother's name without even asking me! He then told me lots of interesting things. However, I went to Rabbi Yaakov Hillel and asked him about this man. He told me "yes, I know him. Don't trust him." Later on, I found out he uses kochos hatuma (powers of evil). So use extreme caution with such people. see above audio link by Rabbi Hilel for identifying real tzadikim.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...