Thursday, December 13, 2018

word choice - How to express "yes" casually in Japanese


Many textbooks list "ええ" as the casual form of "yes" or "はい", but I only seldom hear this expression. Is "ええ" really all that common, and if not, how do people typically give affirmative responses to questions in casual situations?


For example, how would you casually affirm the following:



Case 1:




  1. 今日部活ないの?


You don't have club activities today?



  1. (   )


No. The tennis court is still wet from the rain so we can't practice.




Case 2:




  1. なにか部活入ってる?


Are you in any clubs?



  1. (   )



Yup. I'm on the tennis team.




Answer



If you are asked by your familiar people(ex.friends/families), use うん in both cases.


If you are asked by senior people, elder people and acquaintance(not very close friends?), use はい in both cases.


I think both cases are asked by friends, so using うん is good.


I've never seen people use ええ in ordinary conversation.


but I've seen it in Anime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...