Friday, March 2, 2018

Is the "I" consciousness from the body or from the soul


Where does the sense of "I" (i.e. the sense of self-awareness) originate from? Is it from the physical body (the brain) or is it from the spiritual soul which wears the body (as brought down in Shaarei Kedusha)?


Perhaps an example to show the difference: If theoretically, two people had their brain transplanted to each other's body, would their "I" consciousness also be transplanted or would it remain in the original body? (If ch'v one has a heart transplant, his "I" does not change even though his heart is replaced. likewise for every part of the body. is it the same for the brain?)


Please provide a source. (And, please, no jokes. This is a serious question.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...