Wednesday, November 15, 2017

cross correlation - Synchronizing Two Audio Tracks


I would like to implement an algorithm that synchronizes two audio tracks.



The two tracks are very similar; you can imagine they are two recordings of sound (not necessarily music) from two microphones in the same room. This means they appear as one signal that passed through two different (linear) channels, with different additive noise.


I understand the first idea might be to look for the peak of their cross-correlation, but I am particularly interesting in finding literature on the topic, but all the papers I could find are either synchronizing two musical tracks (using chroma-based audio features), or synchronizing audio with a score. They also assume there might be time-warping, which is an unnecessary assumption in my case.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...