Saturday, November 25, 2017

everyday chemistry - Is it safe to store muriatic acid, hydrogen peroxide and acetone?


I am recently getting into PCB etching. So I use 10 M HCL solution, 3% hydrogen peroxide mixed in 1:1 ratio for my etchent. Currently, I am storing my HCL and hydrogen peroxide in my shed which can vary in temperature from -10 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius. The shed is outside my house. I also store my etchent next to HCL and hydrogen peroxide in the shed as well. Will it be safe to store all of these three chemicals inside a shed?


I do have metal tools in there but I don't care if it rusts. I am just afraid of hydrogen gas that might form because of HCL fumes. Also, I store my acetone indoor inside a plastic container because I heard that its flash point is -20 degrees Celsius. I don't want it to spontaneously catch on fire if I did store it in the shed. So are these storing method adequate or do I need more precautions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...