Wednesday, November 22, 2017

mitzvah - Is cheating in a test an Averah?


I'm a student and I recently asked myself if cheating in a test is an Averah. I've always believed it obviously is, but after thinking it through I can't think of a specific Averah that would include cheating on a test or homework. It may be dishonest with the teacher, but it doesn't seem like lying.


Even if it wouldn't be an Averah I still wouldn't do it. But what Averah encompasses cheating on a test?




Answer



It is a sin, and it's basically a form of theft.


After doing some research, I found out the Guemara brings the concept of Gneivas Da'as, which is the theft of intellect. This site explains very well this concept.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...