Tuesday, November 28, 2017

product recommendation - Buying a Shulchan Aruch


I am looking to purchase a new Shulchan Aruch to be used as a reference set. I am having trouble finding reviews online (about which I am not so surprised).


Can anyone recommend a set of Shulchan Aruch, based on personal experience, which satisfies the following guidelines:




  • Clear print: type-set laser-printed pages, not photocopies.

  • Sources: A reasonable amount of in-line sourcing of externally cited material

  • Strong binding: Binding is reinforced and does not fall off through normal use

  • Edited: Is not full of typos, and perhaps even has sourced corrections based on external sources.


Note: I cannot afford a Ferrari, nor can I afford a Friedman Shulchan Aruch.


Thank you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...