Monday, November 20, 2017

particle も - Odd use of も has me stumped


So I'm working through Makino and Tsutsui's Dictionary of Advanced Japanese Grammar, and I came across this sentence:




ソウルにいるのも今夜きりです。
This is my last night left in Seoul.



The entry is about teaching きり, which I understand just fine. What I can't work out is how も is being used here. 'Being in Seoul'も'This is the last night'. I can't see how this can mean 'even' or 'also' or any other definition I've looked at. I was thinking it must be a typo for もう, which would make sense.


I'm sure I'm going to kick myself here, but any help would be much appreciated. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...