Thursday, November 23, 2017

tefilla - Cut-off birkat hamazon


As a complement to this question on Shortened Birkat Hamazon, I would like to better understand the practice I saw of stopping Birkat Hamazon after the fourth blessing on Shabbat and not saying the Harachamans and the closing text.


I believe it comes from the idea one should not make specific asks on Shabbat although others are saying that asks as part of an organized prayer are all right.



  • Where is this custom coming from?

  • How widepread is it?

  • Are there communities where it is the norm and rabbanim supporting it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...