Wednesday, December 18, 2019

matlab - How to measure the agreement between to curves?


I have values (plotted below) of expected RSSI values over time that I would like to compare with my measured RSSI values. What I was looking for was a way to quantify it so I can change parameters and be able to compare/contrast different approaches.



It is a hard problem in my mind because I don't know how to compare the signals and yet take into account the large-scale (overall shape) and small-scale (individual fluctuations) of signal.


For instance, here is a plot of one set of signals: RSSI vs Time


In the image I can see that the red measure signal roughly follows the model, but it also does an OK job of simulating some of the sinusoidal qualities of the model (in some places). Any thoughts?


<> In response to pichenettes' comments (which seem reasonable), I took a diff of the two values and plotted the abs(fft(diff)) and got this: FFT


I am not sure what to make of that though. Since we don't have any actual freqs, I am not sure how to scale the axis, and then if I did, what metric would you use?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...