Tuesday, December 17, 2019

conversion to judaism - Do converts represent a "farblondzshet" neshama?



Before our wedding, a mikvah lady learned that my wife was marrying me -- a convert to Judaism. Her response was that I must represent a "farblondzshet neshama" (a confused or a lost Jewish soul). She said that someone in my family tree must have been a Jew who converted out and now his soul wants to return. In fact, I descend from a Jewish man who immigrated to the American colonies in the 18th century. What is the Jewish source, if any, for the thought that a Jewish neshama can return in a descendant's body and convince the descendant to convert to Judaism?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...