Tuesday, July 9, 2019

particle は - The meaning and nuance behind the phrase "話は通してある"



話は通してある




This is a phrase I've come across a few times recently in manga.


For example:



「ユキにも話は通してある」



I'm not familiar with it so I'm not quite sure of it's correct meaning and usage, looking online I've only managed to find a meaning for the phrase: "話を通して" - with the を particle instead of the は - which means to "get it explained to…/run it by…" with the nuance of getting consent from somebody.


How does 話は通してある differ? Does it have a similar or even the same meaning as 話を通して? Or if it 話は通してある has a different meaning completely, will someone kindly explain?


Many thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...