Monday, December 3, 2018

When to use 受身形 (passive voice) And when to use 能動形 (active voice)?


The Japanese passive voice has been bothering me for quite a while. I mean, We don't really use it in English, and I still have not come across many situation (at least daily situations)Where the Japanese passive voice has been used, besides in articles and essays.


I do get the general idea of how to use 受身形{うけみけい}, however, I'm still not sure of when to use it.



So my question is, when exactly do I use 受身形{うけみけい}?


For example:



① ジョンは先生に質問をした




② 先生はジョンに質問をされた



Wouldn't it be more natural to use the active voice instead of the passive voice? This is what confuses me. When exactly do I use the passive voice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...