Sunday, December 9, 2018

usage - What does the だと mean in 日本だと?


I found this sentence on a video game review site:



日本だと「不思議のダンジョン」と言ったほうがわかりやすいかもしれないローグライクゲーム。



I am not sure whether だと means 'in Japan' or 'if it were in Japan'. The translation in one case would be:



This is a rogue-like game that, in Japan, is called 'Amazing Dungeons' which is probably a bit easier to understand.



A rogue-like game is a genre of video game which is similar to the original of the genre, Rogue. The other option which I personally think is more likely is:




This is a rogue-like game which if made in Japan would probably be called something more easy to understand like 'Amazing Dungeons'"



It boils down to me not knowing the だと construction. Can someone be kind enough to explain this usage to me?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...