Friday, December 14, 2018

tosfot - Tosfos and the rain proof sukkah



The bottom Tosfos on Sukkah 2a (DH Ki Avid) talks about how it must be that the scach of a sukkah can't be rain proof, because if it was, then when the Rabbanan say that rain on sukkos is a bad sign (Taanis 2a) wouldn't be true because we could just put up rain proof scach. But I don’t understand Tosfos, for I can put up a tent inside my Sukkah (as long as there isn't a there isn't a one tefach wide flat area - Sukkah 10a), and I can eat and sleep inside the tent and also abrogate the reason it’s a "bad sign.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...