Tuesday, December 5, 2017

marriage - Lesbian adulterer


Today morning I was reading the newspaper, when a film review called The rabbi and his daughter caught my eyes. Eventually it turned out that it was reviewing a recent, not really kosher film. Putting aside these concerns, the relevant part of the plot is that a married woman meets her previous female lover, and engages in a relationship with her. Actually her marriage was an effort to overcome her attraction to other women.


There are debates, whether lesbian relationships are forbidden by the Torah or by rabbis (or forbidden at all), but I would like to know, whether such a woman is considered an adulterer and what are the halakhic consequences of her extra-marital relationship?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...