Saturday, December 30, 2017

halacha - Does golel for first torah stand for second torah?


When there are two or three sifrei torah read on the same day, either the magbiah or golel holds the first sefer while the second is read. In this case should he stand for…




  1. kadish after reading from the second sefer?

  2. Hagbah for the second sefer?


I have no halachik reason to think he should/shouldn’t, I just think that I’ve seen most people sit through both and I can’t figure out why.


There have been a bunch of suggestions in the comments section that he doesn't stand out of respect to the second sefer (Why should one have to stand for the other?). I like the answer, but if some sort of authoritative source could be found that would be better.



Answer



The Chidah in Shu"t Chaim Sha'al 1:71:2 brings down that if one is sitting and holding a sefer Torah and a Rebbe passes by one should not get up.


Also, I believe if one sits with a Torah during hakafos it is fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...