Wednesday, December 20, 2017

hashkafah philosophy - Resource on reasons/intention for mitzvot


I would like to know if there is a resource, preferably a book, that gives the reason/intention of specific mitzvot. My question stems from a shiur i heard from rabbi akiva tatz. Where he said something along the lines of when you visit a person who is sick you shouldn't just be visiting because it is a mitzvah, i don't remember if that was the end of the point or not, but he seemed to also imply/say that you should be visiting for another reason. Also if you know this "other reason" let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...