Saturday, December 2, 2017

halacha - Buying Chometz to get rid of it


If a person would hypothetically not own any chometz the evening before Pesach, should/could they purchase chometz in order to get rid of it the following day?


I am hoping to have this question answered on two levels - the technical halachic aspect (in which I assume he could purchase chometz and fulfill the mitzvah of getting rid of it), and the more "spirit of the law" oriented aspect, in which it seems counterproductive to acquire chometz and increase one's ownership thereof when the entire purpose of the mitzvah would seem to be to not own any.


Note: I chose the case of buying the chometz the evening before in an attempt to avoid issues of which I may not be aware. If that changes the answer in any way, and buying chometz the day of would be better or worse, that could also be included in an answer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...