Monday, July 15, 2019

image processing - Mid-point of worm-like objects


I have a video of worm-like objects which move. They can move in a straight line, they can rotate in circles, they can move in a serpentine/winding/sinuous way. I need to track them.


I already have all the necessary code to track them by finding their contours so I have all the "topological" information necessary however there is one last thing I am not able to do so far: finding their center.


What I mean by center is of course not the center of mass or of gravity or of simmetry, but rather the mid-point, the center along the line that goes from head to tail.


I need it because if the worm rotates or steers, the center-of-mass does not move much but the mid-point of the worm is actually moving.


Does abybody have any suggestion?


Here an example of the kind of images we are dealing with:


enter image description here enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...