Saturday, July 13, 2019

halacha - Does Chazakah work to consider someone a Jew?


Following my answer to "natural conversion", I wondered if there are sources that specifically contradict or support my claim that, similarly to other questionable situation resolved Halachicly by Chazakah, once status as a Jew can be accepted by Chazakah as well.


For example, clothes or watches that one wears are presumably his, if one works in a field for three consecutive years it's presumably his, if one and his girlfriend comes to a new community and cohabit with her he becomes presumably married, if a woman comes from far away and holds a child she continues to fosters for years he becomes presumably her son etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...