Saturday, February 3, 2018

kana - Understanding hiragana-only texts in videogames


I've been reading since a long time ago that reading hiragana only texts is quite difficult or frustrating because you don't know where a word begins or ends, I understand that and the importance of kanji to read more easily.


So I was wondering, how do Japanese people play hiragana only games like pokémon or those of the famicom (NES) that use only kana. I know this games are oriented to children because they don't know kanji, but how do the adults understand these games?


On average, do Japanese speakers find it more difficult to read texts without kanji? Are there any methods to improve the legibility of hiragana-only texts?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...