Wednesday, February 21, 2018

nevua prophecy - Test of True Prophet


In Deut. 18




I will raise up a prophet for them from among their brothers like you, and I will put My words into his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. And it will be, that whoever does not hearken to My words that he speaks in My name, I will exact [it] of him...Now if you say to yourself, "How will we know the word that the Lord did not speak?" If the prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, and the thing does not occur and does not come about, that is the thing the Lord did not speak. The prophet has spoken it wantonly; you shall not be afraid of him



some muslims I have spoken to claim this verse refers to the coming of their prophet.


From these verses it seems the test of a true prophet is only whether what he says comes true. How do we know from the torah that the test of a true prophet is also that he does not come to change the torah?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...