Friday, February 23, 2018

mikvah ritual bath - Most auspicious number of "dunks" in Mikve according to Kabbalah


I recently had wonderful experiences bathing in Mikve in Tzfat--most particularly Mikvah HaAri. I was given basic, general guidelines to bathing there, and my nephew and I enjoyed very exhilarating, spiritual experiences, but we were lacking knowledge in how to get the most spiritual benefit out of the bath (as well as the philosophical aspects to this). The question below deals with men bathing, if the answer is different for men and women.


I understand that there are 2 ways my question can be answered: a. The traditional rules based on Jewish Law/Halacha
b. The Kabbalistic answer--in terms of spiritual experience and philosophy


If possible, please answer this question with respect to the Kabbalistic interpretation.


When one goes into the Mikvah and "dunks" under, are there a certain number of times that are more auspicious to submerge oneself during the bath?


If there is a more auspicious number, what is that and why?



Thank you for your wisdom on this matter!




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...