Monday, February 19, 2018

passover - What can I feed my elderly cat during Pesach?


I have a 19-year-old cat who is (now) on a low-protein diet, precluding the canonical week of tuna. Is there someplace I can buy chametz-free, low-protein food? Are there any consequences (for me) if the cat eats kitniyot? (Owning kitniyot is permitted, I know, and the cat has his own dish and spoon.)



Answer




This list from the Star-K has many items that you can feed your cat on Pesach.


Per the CRC-Chicago



Kitniyot ingredients, such as corn and rice, are acceptable in pet foods for Passover, because while Ashkenazim do not customarily eat kitniyot, they are permitted to own and benefit from them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...