Sunday, May 12, 2019

tefilla - Mixed Minyan in a Shiva House


What to do when helping make a minyan for mourners in a shiva house when at prayer time they insist on davening conservative style, men and women sitting together?



Answer



My understanding has been that a Mechitza is only required for a minyan Kavuah (a minyan that meets regularly at established times and place)

While we continue to separate at private irregular minyam from custom and perhaps Tzniut, I don't think the lack of separation would prohibit participating in the Tefillah.

In my personal opinion (and you should ask your LOR) once you are there, the reasons to stay outweigh the reason to leave. One should go to great lengths to avoid embarrassing people publicly; I would think particularly mourners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...