Friday, May 31, 2019

halacha - Women using tampons before marriage


Is there any issue with women using tampons before marriage? I would appreciate sourced answers discussing this either saying it's ok or not ok.


My thought is that since the use of a tampon requires inserting something through/past the hymen, the hymen could be stretched (or removed entirely, so to speak) and perhaps there as an issue with doing so before marriage. The only possible issues that I know of are:




  1. She may become a mukat eitz which affect the value of her kesuba

  2. There being no sign of the woman's virginity, which might have its own halachic implications.


(Even though the question could be boiled down to these 2 points in principle, I'm looking for a specific discussion about the use of tampons.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...