Tuesday, May 28, 2019

halacha - Israel News internet postings originated on Shabbos



On Friday afternoon in the U.S., am I permitted to click on a news site from Israel which I presume is maintained by Jews in Israel and continually updated by them, even on Shabbat (e.g., Jerusalem Post). Since it is already Shabbos for the Israel-based employees who are updating their website, am I inappropriately receiving benefit from a Jew’s work performed on Shabbos and thereby prohibited by “Maaseh Shabbos", benefitting from work that was done by a Jew on Shabbos if I read the articles which are newly posted after it is Shabbos in Israel? If this prohibition were to apply, then I can never look at those postings which originated on Shabbos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...