Saturday, November 30, 2019

talmud bavli - The names of Gehinnom


Babylonian Talmud, ‘Erubin 19a' Joshua b. Levi said: The Gehenna/Gehinnom has seven names; Sheol, Abaddon, Beer Shahat, Tit ha-Yawen, Sha’are Mawet, Sha’are Zalmawet, and Gehenna.



What exactly is ment by Gehinnom (I know that its name was borrowed from that of a real valley mentioned in the Tenach, and I know what it serves for; a cleansing process) and what are its seven names refer to (just looking for the meanings since some of these names are used in verses like Mishlei 15:11 and I wonder if they have more meaning behind it)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...