Saturday, November 23, 2019

distortion - How to model Tape Saturation (Audio DSP)?


I'm looking for info that would help me to build a Tape Saturation process.


I'm working with the WebAudio API. The API provides a number of DSP nodes that perform basic processes, such as a Convolver node and a WaveShaper node. The WaveShaper seems to suggest it is designed for distortion effects (http://www.w3.org/TR/webaudio/#WaveShaperNode-section). But tape saturation would seem to me more than a simple mapping of input to output values.


What are the principal processes I should be modelling? Can anyone point me in the right direction?





No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...