Monday, September 9, 2019

python - Signal amplitude to FFT amplitude



I am using Python to generate a sine wave in order to cancel out part of a signal I'm analyzing. I would like the magnitude of this signal in the FFT to be equal to the magnitude of the signal that I want to get rid of. My questions are:




  • A. How does the amplitude of a signal translate to the amplitude of the resultant FFT?




  • B. Is there a way I can easily control the amplitude of an FFT using the amplitude of an input signal?




I can post my code if it helps.



This is the FFT of the signal I'm analyzing. I want the large amplitude at 1.4-ish(from the signal I generated) to be equal in magnitude to the large amplitude at 2.9-ish (the frequency I want to get rid of)


This is the FFT of the signal I'm analyzing. I want the large amplitude at 1.4-ish(from the signal I generated) to be equal in magnitude to the large amplitude at 2.9-ish (the frequency I want to get rid of)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...