Friday, September 20, 2019

Design of low pass filter



I'm designing a low pass filter to identify the DC content of a signal. The most important aspects of my application are the accuracy and the speed of the identification.


I would like to know if the phase lag brought by the filter plays an important role in my problem, because I have developped a filter that has a great performance in time (it identifies the DC component very fast and accurately), but its frequency response is poor in terms of phase. Do I really need to worry about it in this situation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...