Sunday, June 30, 2019

algorithms - How CDMA receiver extract it's corresponding data from the receiving modulated & superposition-ed signal?


I have difficulty understanding CDMA.


I have read all those PN/walsh code things, and understand orthogonality very well.


But none of the resources I found demonstrate how a receiver end extract data from modulated & superposition-ed signal.



Most of them just stop at the digital encoding & decoding part and skip the modulation part.


But in real implementation signals of different walsh code are modulated then superposition-ed.


I cannot figure out how it is done.


======================================================


P.S. I am confused that does the sender add the signals before or after modulation?


If before, take BPSK as an example, there is a chance there would be >2 different values in the added result vector, which can no longer be encoded in BPSK.


If after, then the signals are simply super-positioned, the receiver would often see both 0&1, with different amplitudes, at the same time, i.e. Acos(wt)+Bcos(wt+pi), which seems a bit hard to decode.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...