Sunday, May 12, 2019

sukkot - How do you maximize your aravot's period of freshness?


Every Sukkot any aravot that I start the holiday with tend to get dried up by the end of the holiday, if not to the point of being unfit for service, at least enough to be ugly. What do you do to maximize the amount of time your aravot stay fresh?



Answer



I've tried the paper towel/aluminum foil (my father's method) idea, keeping them in the fridge, and keeping them in water. One year I got a whole lot of them and experimented with around seven different methods for each pair, to see at the end of the week which method would be the best.


The winner (and what I've been doing every year since then): wet them just a bit, and put them in an air-tight wrapping like saran wrap or plastic wrap, then keep them in the fridge. A bit involved but it works very well



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...