Sunday, January 13, 2019

hiragana - Writing the name Harriet in Japanese


Sorry for the trivial question, but I've just started learning Japanese and thought that I should know how to write my name in hiragana. My name is Harriet.


My first guesses were はリえた or はリえと. I tried putting it into some web applications: one gave me はありと (which seems like a strange way of doing it), and another gave me some kanji and the romaji 'Harietto' which I guess would be はりえっと (?)


What would be the correct way of writing the name 'Harriet'?



Answer



Try going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_(name) and hitting the Japanese pages to see how other people named Harriet have their names written. It's usually ハリエット (english names are usually written in katakana) or はりえっと in hiragana.


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...