Friday, January 18, 2019

sources mekorot - The I, the Self which makes us do things independent of G-d


I watched a video of R' Mendel Kessin (20:58-37:52) in which he talks about 4 levels of arrogance, and the concept of "yesh od milvado" presented by the Yetzer HaRah inside us. What he explains is that there is this concept of "I" and the feeling that "I AM" which makes us feel or do things independent of G-d.


First of all I would like to know what his sources are and where I could read more about it in English. Secondly I would like to know if there are similar teachings about us being tempted to believe oneself, to believe the "I"; as we people often decide what to do based on what we feel, think and reason what is right, good and true to do, instead of really making His Will ours.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...