Sunday, January 27, 2019

quantum chemistry - What is the difference between non-adiabatic coupling and diabatic coupling?


The diabatic couplings are the off-diagonal terms of wave functions written in a diabatic basis. There is a need to use the diabatic basis when there is a breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation. Then a transformation is done from the adiabatic to diabatic basis. But what does non-adiabatic coupling mean?



The reason I am asking is that most quantum chemistry softwares (I use Molpro) calculate the non-adiabatic coupling. Then some procedure has to be used to convert them to diabatic coupling. But what is the difference between the two and why do I need to use the diabatic coupling?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...