Monday, January 28, 2019

minhag - Custom to light yahrzeit candle on Erev Shabbos before the yahrzeit


Has anyone heard of a custom to light a yahrzeit candle not on the eve of the actual yahrzeit, but on the eve of the preceding Shabbos? I know that there are other customs for the preceding Shabbos, such as saying kaddish, davening for the amud, possibly saying Kel Malei Rachamim, etc.--but is burning the memorial candle over that Shabbos also a tradition by anyone? (By whom?)


Motive: I am trying to find out if it could be my family's actual custom to do so, or if a relative instructed me to do this based on a misunderstanding.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...