Saturday, February 1, 2020

halacha - Can you buy a beggar non-Kosher food, or chometz on Pesach?


If I am asked for money by a beggar on the street, or see a homeless person with a sign, I try and give them food as it is usually more useful than money (which will probably be used for alcohol or drugs).


I was asked this morning for money and I offered to buy the person breakfast instead, he refused, but it made me wonder if it was acceptable to buy a gentile homeless person non-kosher food, most likely trief meat or pork?



Also, once Pesach begins would be acceptable to buy a gentile beggar chometz, as pretty much anything you would buy on the street would be chometz during Pesach?


I did see this similar question, and I'd obviously avoid beef with cheese as I know you cannot derive any benefit from it, ever.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...