Tuesday, April 2, 2019

translation - Meaning of 〜たら in this sentence


Sorry if something similar has already been asked, but I can't seem to get my head round translating this sentence.





  • 好きな人に告白したら、サインを貰いました。(This comes from a manga xD)



I get the gist of the sentence, in that it means something like "I confessed to the person I like, but I received his signature instead" or "Even though I confessed to the person I like, I received his signature instead". Any idea on how to interpret the use of 〜たら here? Because I don't think that's a conditional sentence...


Thanks :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...