Sunday, April 28, 2019

usage - Particles in the Passive form causing me confusion (を、に、が)


Sometimes, I dont know what particles to use in the passive form に、を、が。


ワインを飲まれた


ワインに飲まれた


ワインが飲まれた


I REALLY dont understand the difference between those three. Is the first one that uses を indicating that there is a subject that drank the wine? Do all of them mean that the wine has been drunk?


Thanks!



Answer



We usually do not say 'ワインに飲まれた'. It would mean 'Something was drunk by wine'.

'ワインを飲まれた' sounds to me like 'Someone drank "my" wine'.

I think 'ワインが飲まれた' just means '(The) wine was drunk./Someone or some people drank (the) wine.' In this sentence the wine might not have been mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...