Monday, April 29, 2019

halacha - Is there a purchasable copy of the Shulchan Aruch in Hebrew and English?


I'm looking to buy an actual Shulchan Aruch, not a Kitzur. I already own the Artscroll Kitzur and, while it is an amazing work, doesn't help very much when I want to research the actual halacha, where it comes from, and how it applies to a Sefard like myself. Is there an edition out there which is the whole original Shulchan Aruch by Yosef Karo in Hebrew and English?



Answer



Some partial English translation are available, see here:


http://www.jtsa.edu/x1212.xml#english_translations


But to answer your question, no there is no purchasable Hebrew/English Shulchan Aruch available. (If you just need Orach Chayim, the English translation of the Mishneh Berurah might suffice, although of course it lacks all of the other commentaries)


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...