Wednesday, January 22, 2020

bond - What is the energy released in chemical reactions?


I have heard that chemical reactions create energy. I wanted to know how this energy was created (specifically light energy) and how this energy came about. I wanted to know if the energy produced was made of particles (for example, light energy is made of photons).


My answer I already knew about heat, kinetic, potential, and sound energy. What I was really looking for was light energy, which is caused by a phenomenon known as chemiluminescence.



Answer



Usually it's radiation. Depending on how exotermic reaction was, in which medium was it done, result is light staring with infra-red up to v.short ultra-violet. You can't generate particles like electrons because the low of Charge conservation must be obeyed (you transferring the electrons from one substance to the other).


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...