Saturday, January 25, 2020

Analyzing the quality of a music track


I have a library of music tracks that I use to DJ with. Its currently about 3000 tracks that I have gather over the years. Some of it consists of low quality rips that I want to get rid of.


Currently I am writing a script that will look at the time/size = compression rate. Anything that is below 300kb/s I want to delete.


I am wondering if that is a good heuristic to use, or could I possibly do something fancier. Like looking at a spectral analysis to determine what is low vs high quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...