Thursday, January 17, 2019

terminology - What is the word for how polyprotic an acid is?


What is the word to describe the number of acidic hydrogens an acid has? I am currently thinking something like "proticity", but I am not sure The use case world be for a table of things like this:



Acid    | Proticity
--------------------
CH₃COOH | 1
H₂SO₄ | 2
H₃BO₃ | 3

Or in a set of statements like this:



The volume of gas produced by reaction A was 4.6 L. The proticity of Acid B was 3. The tare mass of object C was 4.76 g. The density of substance D was 7.8 g/mL.




Is there a specific word used to refer to this quantity? What word should I use to refer to it?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...