Wednesday, September 6, 2017

filter design - 3dB-Cut off frequency of moving average


I've read the thread: Cut off frequency of moving average


And I use the second answer in my algorithm to calculate the 3dB cut off frequency of my filter, which works great, as my filter length is usually above 300. I verified it with the step response.


But I would like to have a source or derivation for this formula.


I tried by hand with taylor series stopping after the second and third term. I come close but not exactly to the formula and mapple gives me a valid but extremly complicated result.


Hope you guys can help.



kind regards


Slev1n




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...