Thursday, September 28, 2017

hebrew - Which pronunciation-permutation of "yod, hay vav, hay" is forbidden to pronounce?


@AvrohomYitzchok said that I should post this question as a new question. (He did not know the answer).


I was responding to a comment he made, which read



@Sarah When Rambam says "pronounces the name [of God] with its letters, yod, hay vav, hay" he means to articulate the name as it is written and not with the letters Alef Daleth Nun Yod (as we pronounce it). – Avrohom Yitzchok Jul 10 '16 at 20:18



And here is my question:




Does the pronunciation of "the name [of God] with its letters, yod, hay vav, hay" refer to the pronunciation as in the masoretic pointing of "yod, hay vav, hay" or to any pronunciation-permutation of "yod, hay vav, hay"?



I kindly request for a source for any answer. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...