Sunday, September 3, 2017

ikarim - What is the "Minimum" of beliefs to be considered Orthodox?


In trying to understand Orthodox Judaism better, I would like to know what constitutes the "minimum" or most basic collection of beliefs. As I understand, agreeing with the 13 Principles of Maimonides is a great start, but I am a little confused on the exact nature of belief about the Talmud. As well, how much of a margin is there for personal opinion? Thus, I would like to know:


What is the most basic collection of beliefs absolutely required for one to be considered Orthodox (esp. MO, and ignoring other, non-belief related requirements, such as one's actual practicing of mitzvot)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...