Friday, November 30, 2018

halacha - Seven Brochos at a Wedding


I just read What do I need to make a Jewish Wedding. Is there a requirement for seven different people to say each of the seven Brochos, or can one say all of them?



Answer



I heard on a R' Hershel Shachter shiur @yutorah that the older practice was in fact to have one rabbi (often the officiating one) to recite them all. Just as a haftorah or the like has multiple blessings, recited by one person.


In order to spread the honors, today people will often give one (or more) blessings per person. If that works for you, fine; if you want one person to do them all, that's fine too. (But if your cousin's father-in-law's chiropractor's best friend gets upset that he didn't get one, please don't blame me!)


Rabbi Yoel Teitelbaum of Satmar, reacting to the recent divvy-'em-up trend, remarked that pretty soon, they'll have one person say BA and another person say RUCH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

digital communications - Understanding the Matched Filter

I have a question about matched filtering. Does the matched filter maximise the SNR at the moment of decision only? As far as I understand, ...